Counter Human Trafficking

Human Trafficking – Counter people trafficking prevention through technology and the detection of modern slavery is key to our product portfolio and capabilities.

We do not use any existing technologies such as X-Ray and human observation. As a result, we are able to detect trafficked individuals in real-time using novel methods. It takes minutes to deploy our technology and seconds for it to detect the presence of hidden individuals.

Human Trafficking Statistics

A staggering 40.3 million victims are trapped in modern-day slavery. 24.9 million of the were subject to exploitation for the purposes of labour. The remainder were forced to marry someone they did not know or wish to marry.

For every 1,000 people there are 5.4 victims of human trafficking and human slavery, globally.

Trafficking by Gender

Men and boys make up 29% of the global trafficked with the remaining 71% being women and girls.

Debt Bondage

Counter human trafficking techniques play an important part. Debt bondage affected half of all victims of forced labour imposed by private actors. Debt bondage is used as a method of control and prevents trafficked individuals from escaping.

Successful detection of human traffickers

Estimates indicate that, internationally, only about 0.04% survivors of human trafficking cases are identified. As a result, this means that the vast majority of cases of human trafficking go undetected. Therefore, because these rates are so high this is an issue that is not going away. Clearly, innovative methods and techniques are required to ensure more can be done to tackle the issue.

Not only are we able to assist with the detection for counter human trafficking, we provide technology that gives major efficiencies at port locations and border control areas. Marrying our equipment and techniques with existing methods allows for greatly enhanced capabilities.

Take a look at the ‘sense it, spot it, stop it‘ campaign too. It takes more than one organisation to tackle this issue and we fully support any other organisations.

Why not take a look at our Airport Security and flow capabilities too.

airport border security